Friday, March 1, 2013

Pajamas!

Oh, hey there.  Don't see me around here often, do we?  Well, I fixed some pajamas so I thought I'd post about it.  Since I'm awesome and stuff.

JR got me some jammies a couple Christmases (?) ago.  They're super cute with Donuts all over them and they're from Victoria's Secret so I don't think they were cheap. 
Anyway, the fist time I washed them they shrunk.  They only shrunk in the length though.  Maybe not so much that I would look weird in them to other people but enough that I felt uncomfortable and drafty wearing them.  So I planned to fix them but then I was pregnant a lot, so it took a while.  But They're finally done!

Mmmmm donuuuuuts!

Wrist cuffs
 

Ankles
I added bright pink fleece to the wrists and ankles. It's not exactly the same color as the pinkest donut but I think they still look cute. And they're nice and cozy now!
It was pretty easy.  I cut some fleece to about 3 inches wide and a little more than the length around the cuff.  Then I folded it in half and straight stitched it about a quarter inch above the bottom of the cuff.  So the fleece peaking out the bottom is about an inch and a half long.  Then I stitched up the ends where they met.
JR said "That was a pretty creative solution."  I kind of thought it was the only solution, though, other than buying new pajamas.  And since he didn't get me new ones for Christmas or my birthday I had to take matters into my own hands.

While I was at it I decided to fix my adorable panda pajamas too.  In this set the pants are a different material from the top so they were fine but the sleeves on the shirt were a lot shorter than they had started out.  Maybe I just have really long arms.


Anyway, I always cut up JR's yucky old t-shirts and use them as rags.  To fix my shirt I took one that wasn't stained at all and cut a little more than two inches off the bottom part of the shirt/rag that has the hem.
For this one I zig zagged the white piece to the black sleeve.  Just because it's decorative and there's pink in the shirt and pants too.

I think they sort of look like the babies' pajamas with the different color cuffs
 
 
 

So I've saved two pairs of pajamas and they still look cute, at least in my opionion!

Next up I have a pair that got stretched out when I was pregnant with Colin.  I'm not sure I'll be able to save those but I think I'll give it a try.  And then a pair of lighter weight pants that I'll cut to capri length since they'll be for the summer anyway.
Man, I have really bad luck with pajamas!


Bonus baby pic!
I had to keep trying them on to figure out the length so she wanted to try them on too.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously...sewing lessons. I want them. First I need a cheap, reliable sewing machine, though. I have one from 1950 or something. I mean that literally. For a while every time I turned it on I blew a fuse. John fixed that (and also we don't have fuses anymore). I still don't trust it for doing real sewing projects, though. Want to come live with us when JR is in China and teach me how to sew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give you sewing lessons. I'd be careful about offering to let me come visit though. 'Cause I come with children and that's an awful big investment in carpet cleaner and magic erasers.

      Delete
  2. Oh we have a carpet cleaner already and at least 2 unopened boxes of magic erasers.

    ReplyDelete