Monday, March 25, 2013

Done! Child's Apron and Brownie Batter Dip.

Last week I made a board on Pinterest for the projects that I've Done! (or attempted anyway).  I tried to write a comment for each of the projects telling how they worked out.  That way in two years when I look at it again and say, "Oh I've made this before, I wonder if it was any good?"  I'll look at my notes and see that it was terrible or I should really make sure to have all the supplies ready before I start.

So I'm going to feature a few I've done and tell how they worked out.

I guess I'll start with the one I think turned out the cutest.  It's the Child's Apron Tutorial.





 


Which takes you to http://creatingbycami.blogspot.com/search/label/Child%27s%20Apron%20Tutorial

I made this for Kaida for Christmas.  I think it came out very cute.  I used fabric left over from the throw pillows and curtains in her room.  I didn't have enough left to make the hat though, so sad.  The tutorial was pretty easy to follow.  I had a little trouble with the ruffle at the bottom but I've never done a ruffle at all before.  And it worked out in the end!


She loves it and always wants to wear it to help me in the kitchen.  Even when we're just making toast.  I'm wondering about scaling it up to make a cute apron for me!

The next one is this Brownie Batter Dip.


 

The recipe is found at http://stickafork.net/2013/01/brownie-batter-dip/

I made this for JR and me to eat during the Super Bowl.  It wasn't too hard to make, since there's no oven or stove involved.  But it didn't really taste like brownie batter.  It tasted like too thick chocolate cream cheese frosting.  JR liked it which was a little surprising since he's not a big cream cheese fan.  I'm sort of wondering if I could just take a brownie mix, change the oil out for butter, reduce the water, skip the egg, and have a dip that actually tastes like brownie batter.  Might be worth a try, if there's ever a reason to make something that yummy and bad for you.

Oh, and mine totally looked as adorable as the original picture, I definitely didn't serve it in a cereal bowl with the pretzels still in the bag while we ate it on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment