Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Look What I Made!

I found a super adorable Easter wreath on pinterest a while ago.  So I pinned it and it's just been floating there and in my brain since then.

Anyway, here's the pin.

Which takes you here http://mrsbshive.blogspot.com/2012/04/diy-easter-wreath.html

I took Kaida to Target a couple weeks ago and found bunny ears in the dollar spot.  So I bought them.  I figured even if I didn't get around to making the wreath the kids could still wear them and keep them in the dress up box.

Then this past weekend we all went to Target and I saw pink bunny ears.  I had bought the white ones the first time because that's what the blogger did in the original pin.  But while I was standing there I realized that our front door is white.  No one would be able to see a white bunny wreath (and by no one I mean the Mailman since he's the only non-resident who comes to our house).  So I bought the pink ears too.

I figured that since I now had two pairs of bunny ears I should probably actually make the wreath.  I went to Michael's and found the wreath form but they only had the feather boas in the pink I needed.  Joann's had a bigger selection of boas and that's where I found the pink furry one for my wreath.

My wreath was 12 inches, which I think must be bigger than what Mrs. Bs Hive used.  I didn't notice if she mentioned a size for her wreath.  Anyway, mine took 3 boas, not two.  And the ears were a little tougher to attach than she made hers sound.  So all that leads me to believe hers was smaller.

Ta-Da!
Here it is!

It's pretty cute.  The ears are kind of small but I think it still works.

And I love how all the stuff was on sale except the bunny ears.
The wreath form was 40% off with a coupon and the boas were 25% off.  so $16.07 before taxes.  Unless you count both bunny ears, then $17.07.

No comments:

Post a Comment