Sunday, March 20, 2011

Potato Kielbasa Skillet

I found a recipe for Potato Kielbasa Skillet on Recipe Shoebox through another website I follow.

JR said he'd eat it (I guess his love of kielbasa overpowers his hatred of wilted greens) so I put it on the list and made it for dinner tonight.

We both approved!

You mix together some brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, pepper, and thyme to add to the meat and potatoes right near the end and as I was dumping it in I was very worried. I was sure the sauce was going to ruin it. It smelled fantastic with just the kielbasa and potatoes cooking together and I couldn't imagine it tasting better.

But it did. It was really good.

Next time I'll do the whole pound of Kielbasa, since that's how it comes. And I made some notes to myself on the recipe. Like, start the bacon first, and, while the bacon is cooking chop up everything else you need. Since it comes together pretty quickly.

We think it would go nicely with the pear gorgonzola salad kit we can get from Giant eagle. Sadly they were out this week and I didn't think to check if they had a pear gorgonzola salad dressing by itself.

Anyway, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment