Friday, March 4, 2011

Cleaning

I started a new cleaning schedule/chore chart this week.




I found in on Home Ec 101

I've switched Wednesday and Thursday since we grocery shop on Thursday (And story time is on Wednesday and I don't think we could do both) but otherwise I've been able to pretty much stick to it. At least the big task. Sometimes the small task only gets partially taken care of.

But so far it's pretty tiring. I'm hoping that after I've gone all the way through once or twice the tasks won't be quite as tough since the built up dirt will be gone.

I'm also hoping that it will take a little less time. Kaida's been taking really long naps in the afternoon but I'm still not able to get everything done while she's asleep. So then I have to leave her to play by herself while I finish up. So I feel a little bad about that.

I guess finidng a home for everything (or getting rid of a bunch of stuff) would make dusting at least go a lot faster. Hopefully we can deal with that when we spring clean. Or if I magically find some extra time once I'm done cleaning!

1 comment:

  1. If you have really young kids, cut yourself some slack. Nothing is going to be perfect, ever.
    And that is ok.
    If you don't finish a chore one week, finish it the next. You'll get through this, I promise. It's not supposed to be a strict regimen and there are weeks where I don't get to it all. And yes, if it's been a long time since a chore has been done, it's going to take longer than it should.

    ReplyDelete