Sunday, March 6, 2011

Holy Savings Batman!

Last week I wrote about our trip to Sam's Club

The membership cost us $40. So that finally gave us a reason to actually compare what things cost at Sam's Club vs. what they cost at Giant eagle and Target. We looked at the receipt and figured out the unit price of everything we bought.

Yesterday I was at Target so I took the list with me. I figured out the unit prices while I was in the store. This morning I figured out the difference and multiplied that out by the number of units we bought. I was really surprised by my findings.

I knew there was a difference, otherwise Sam's Club wouldn't exist but I didn't expect it to be so dramatic.

In our one trip we saved $147.51. If we subtract out the price of the membership we still saved $107.51. And that's just on Toiletries and cleaning supplies. I haven't done the grocery side of it yet. Hopefully those savings are equally as dramatic.

Our biggest savings were on razor blades, vitamins, and toothbrush heads. The vitamin savings alone almost paid for the membership.

There have been two things so far that we didn't save on by buying it at Sam's, tissues and my deoderant.

I also noticed that the savings differences were generally larger on Men's products. I have the feeling that they think men won't comparison shop. Good to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment