Tuesday, June 11, 2013

This has spun out of control

This is what we currently have.  The room is sort of dark so this worked to keep it lighter.

Master version 1

Master version 1

Master version 1

Master version 1
 
Curtains I bought from Target
Sheet set I bought from Target

This duvet cover seemed alright but it looked really messy and very gray.
Master version 2

Master version 2
 
I tried this blanket that has white and light blue in it but the blue wasn't quite right.  I did the gray blanket at the bottom and the gray pillow cases to tie it together with the gray curtains.  Still pretty blah though.
 
Master version 3

Master version 3

 This is the reverse of the original comforter.  This actually matches the blue in the botanicals print on the pillows and curtains.

Master version 4

Master version 4

This is the gray blanket instead of the duvet.  Still a little too gray.
Master version 5

Master version 5
 
 
I started with the idea of gray and yellow to work with the walls and since gray and yellow seems to be a thing now.  I couldn't find curtains or even fabric that worked with the first duvet cover so I got the gray botanicals curtains which sort of sent me down a different road entirely.
 
But now I like the botanicals print and would like to do the light colored curtains instead and keep the sheet set.  Maybe with a green or blue/turquoise coverlet.  And ditch the gray completely.
 
I want a coverlet or blanket so it's easy to wash (kids and cats)  Nothing too light colored (again, kids and cats).  But also not too dark because that makes the room too dark.
Curtains I'm thinking of getting.

3 comments:

  1. Grey is my favorite color, so I fully support your effort to use it. We've painted the bottom cabinets in our kitchen and our hutch dark grey and it's amazing. I do agree with you about the first duvet, though...messy looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have all the bedding now and the new curtains. I just need to wash all the sheets, so hopefully I can put up some pictures tonight or tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to see the finished product!! Maybe when we are done with the kitchen we'll give our bedroom a face lift. It definitely needs new paint. It is one of the last rooms that hasn't been repainted since we moved in. The walls are looking rough.

      Delete